1. What Information do we need? To give you the best possible advice we will need to visit the property and gather the following details:
- Photographs of property
- Title – Freehold – Leasehold (Tenancy if relevant)
- Site plan
- Confirm title, planning documents, certified maps.
- Review inventory,
- Discuss Energy Rating (BER Cert) Requirements. A BER Cert is simply an energy label for your home similar to that on electrical appliances. The label has a scale of A-G. A-rated homes are the most energy efficient and G the least efficient. Since 1st of January 2009 a BER Certificate is compulsory for all homes being offered for sale or lease/rent. We cannot advertise the property for sale without a BER Cert.
3. Methods of sale: There are 3 main methods of sale used when offering a property for sale. The options include Private Treaty, Public Auction and Tender and whilst each method has its own advantages and disadvantages. We will discuss what is suitable for your property & we will advise you of our recommended option.
4. Contract Once we have agreed on the most appropriate method of sale based on the attributes of the property and taking due cognisance of your requirements and circumstances we will then discuss this with your Legal Representative to ensure everything is in order.
5. Professional Fee: We will agree and confirm our sale fee plus V.A.T. The aforesaid fee is payable in the event of a successful sale. There will also be an additional listing/outlay cost for marketing.
6. Marketing Campaign We will provide a marketing campaign specifically tailored to your property that is effective and efficient and will include For Sale Sign, within the boundary of your property & uploads on the various websites and a colour brochure. We will also advise of discretionary optional extras for marketing your property.
7. Reporting: We will keep you updated on interest shown in your property. We will also keep in contact with your Solicitor during the campaign. Any queries/potential difficulties pertaining to Title/Boundaries/Planning will be brought to your attention.
8. Completion On securing an agreement on price we will then seek a Booking Deposit from the purchaser (subject to contract).
- Your Solicitor and the purchasers Solicitor will be informed accordingly.
- Contracts are then sent by your Solicitor to the purchasers Solicitor.
- Contracts are then signed and a full deposit of 10% is paid.
- A completion date is agreed and the transaction is finalised.
- Our fee plus V.A.T. is payable on completion